Did you ever forget to add the source to an image file in the frontend and the lawyer of the copyright holder knocked on your door?
The WordPress plugin Image Source Control (ISC) helps to prevent this situation. The plugin adds various fields to include image sources and copyright notices to images in WordPress. You can display a list of image sources with a shortcode or a function directly in your theme.
Please visit the ISC manual to learn how it works.
Image Source Lists
You can choose between different image source list types:
- source as image caption/overlay
- source list below the content
- combined source list of all images
- display sources for images in content, galleries, shortcodes and featured images
- show image source directly in the image (not working with all images and themes)
- include a list with all images and their sources of the current page/post
- include a list with all images and their sources with all images or only those included in posts
- attach lists to automatically or using shortcodes or template functions
- display image sources on archive pages
- manage image source within media dashboard
- mark an image to belong to the uploader
- lists images with missing sources in the backend
- warnings, if image source is missing
- link sources to any url
- manage, display and link licences
Image Source Control is free and can be downloaded from wordpress.org => Image Source Control.
If you have a question regarding how Imace Source Control works, please visit the manual.